“We Strive to bring together like minded sponsor's, coaches, player volunteers, supporters and families to help build on our long history”
Established in 1870, The Wellington Football club is the second oldest club in New Zealand and the oldest football / rugby club in Wellington..
The Wellington Football Club is 22 years older than the New Zealand Rugby Union and the marker of the Wellington signatory colours of black and yellow. The club is proudly owned by the members and is centrally located within the suburb of Hataitai, only minutes from Wellington central business district.
The facility offers a lot back to the local community and boasts a large longue, bar, weight rooms, fully serviced kitchen and million dollar views over Hataitai Park
A competitive club that is welcoming and inclusive built around friends and family. Crave growth, Celebrate success, Proud to belong”
Why the Heartland Bank Junior Wellington Football Club?
Become a part of a thriving local community. Access sponsors, club facilities, social channels and the club personnel
- A fun, family-friendly environment where school children can learn, play and develop their rugby .
- Teams in all grades from under-6 to under-13, with non-tackle (Rippa Rugby) for the younger players.
- Family-friendly club rooms and regular Junior Nights.
The clubs new measurements of success or KPI’s will monitor the growth of the club and pinpoint areas that the club needs to address for success for both financial and on field performance
Be associated with the club that supports diversity. The Junior Club hosts the only Te Reo speaking team within the competition The Taniwha.”Taniwha in a metaphorical sense, means the tamariki that are in this team for whom te reo Māori is their first language of communication. That they are the taniwha for te reo Māori of the futureWe also have a vibrant club culture which extends to our small and well-run junior club.
Junior grades in 2021
- Axecubs for kids aged 2 - 4 years - learn some basic ball skills and have some fun.
- Rippa Rugby (non-tackle grades): fun for both boys and girls and a great way to develop basic ball skills - for youngsters up to 9 years of age (new under 8/9 combined grade introduced for 2019).
- Tackle rugby under-8, under-9, under-10, under-11, under-12 and under-13.
Recruiting New Players
As a club we are looking to grow the size and depth of teams in our junior club. Our philosophy is very much based around encouraging maximum effort to get maximum fun. Player safety is our top priority and we work hard on skill development, player growth and supporting our players to be the best they can be. Every player matters and every player is invaluable to make teams work and grow.
Does this sound like an environment your child can grow and enjoy rugby.