Wellington football club, home of the Axemen is, Wellington's oldest club, we have a strong family atmosphere.
We also have a vibrant club culture which extends to our small and well-run junior club. We offer:
- a fun, family-friendly environment where school children can learn, play and develop their rugby .
- teams in all grades from under-6 to under-13, with non-tackle (Rippa Rugby) for the younger players.
- family-friendly club rooms and regular Junior Nights.
Junior grades in 2019
- Axecubs for kids aged 2 - 4 years - learn some basic ball skills and have some fun.
- Rippa Rugby (non-tackle grades): fun for both boys and girls and a great way to develop basic ball skills - for youngsters up to 9 years of age (new under 8/9 combined grade introduced for 2019).
- Tackle rugby under-8, under-9, under-10, under-11, under-12 and under-13.
As a club we are looking to grow the size and depth of teams in our junior club. Our philosophy is very much based around encouraging maximum effort to get maximum fun. Player safety is our top priority and we work hard on skill development, player growth and supporting our players to be the best they can be. Every plauyer matters and every player is invaluable to make teams work and grow.
Does this sound like an environment your child can grow and enjoy rugby.
Rugby Development Officer:
James Stevenson-Wright 027 521 2326 or email@example.com
Michele Maihi 021 022 44457 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucy Barry 021243 2469 or email@example.com
Coaches: please contact RDO or Convenor in first instance for information.
U6 Lucy Barry
U7 Rob Gordon
Taniwha Rauru Walker
U9 Stu Mckenzie & Glenn Hogg
U10 Isacc Bracewell & Jacob Huntington
U11/12/13 Squad training co-ordinated by Paul Bracewell; Stu Gray U11 & Paul Bracewell U12
|Greenroom||5pm-5:45pm U10||4:30 - 5:15pm U9|
|Power room||4:30pm U6||4:30 - 5:15pm U7|
|Outside||5 - 6pm U11/12/13|